Parish Pastoral Council (PPC)
A Parish Pastoral Council is a faith-filled leadership group through which priests and people work together as co-responsible partners in furthering the mission of Christ in their own parish.
The work of Donnybrook PPC is governed by a set of Guidelines ( Download PPC Guidelines 2021.v1 )
The intention of these guidelines is that through this partnership a vibrant Christian community, rooted in baptism and marked by its faith, worship and service is created and sustained.
The Donnybrook PPC has specific responsibilities which include:
- Discerning the pastoral and spiritual need of the parish community and involving the whole parish in response to these needs.
- Supporting parishioners understanding and living their baptismal call as followers of Christ.
- Providing structures that will bring together the pastoral and spiritual needs of the parish with the talents of parishioners and the resources of the parish.
- Ensuring effective dialogue takes place within the parish, the Pastoral Area, Archdiocese and the wider community.
- Reviewing annually the contribution that it is making the life of the parish and inviting the parish community to reflect on that contribution.
In all of the above, the PPC will be guided in particular by reference to the Parish’s Statement of Mission and Vision.
A further specific responsibility of the incoming PPC in 2022 will be to prepare a new Parish Statement of Mission and Vision. That Statement will thereafter be reviewed on regular occasions by the PPC.
New PPC 2022 – 2024: nominations now open
The parish is inviting nominations for a new Parish Pastoral Council that will take office in early 2022. Members can serve on the council for a maximum of 3 years.
For more information and nomination forms please below.